Monday 12 November 2012

ONLY FOR YOU

I Wrote This For You 
Today I feel... Lonely? 
I think. 
Drops of rain 
hit the windshield of my parked car. 
Tall groomed, green, and golden grass 
line the parking lot. 
Rain is coming in 
through my windows. 
But 
I don’t wanna roll them up. 
Let them come. 
Let the drops hit 
or miss 
A feeling of being trapped 
chained in a cave. 
Watching shadows dance on the wall. 
I'm thinking of you now. 
Yes, You. 
The people I will read this too. 
I wonder why I feel the need 
to share this moment 
with so many strangers. 
Could it be that feeling? 
What did I call it again? 
Was it loneliness? 
Doesn’t make any sense 
cuz I've felt that before 
and it was never as calm as this. 
Perhaps it's a feeling subdued. 
One that is being repressed. 
Today I feel... 
Today I feel... 
Nothing I guess. 
Or maybe that I'm dreaming. 
Perhaps it's boredom I feel 
and a longing for things to be curiouser. 
Nelly Fertado pops into my head. 
That song, 
“I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away” 
I guess I am. 
Though most peg me for a cat. 
Perhaps due to the grin. 
Yup. 
Boredom. 
That must be it......................SUHAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment